Website Caterpillar Careers
A Parts Information Coordinator is responsible for the creation and revision of technical parts information for Caterpillar Products. The information created is used by dealers and customers worldwide to repair and service machines in the field, accessed via the Service Information System (SIS 2.0) and printed manuals.
- Review Product Group feedback and work with business process partners to meet customer requirements.
- Based on task complexity, you will prepare and compile parts information, creating or revising parts information elements or prepare electronic
- folders for Part Authors or Illustrators to create or revise parts information elements.
- Responsible for proactively gathering NPI ECNs using the ECN lister for assigned new models from worldwide sources.
- Collaborate with Product Groups, Authorizations, and Dealers to ensure appropriate parts information is provided.
- This position is the acknowledged expert in the department and frequently provides technical support on complex issues to internal and external customers.
- Analyse which ECNs affect parts information, identify require parts information to be revised or created & add/change effectivity information.
- Research and resolve information discrepancies from global dealers, customers, and internal users. Determine corrections needed using a variety of corporate systems including Engineering Data System, Engineering Job Records, etc. Initiates necessary corrections in the proper information element and notifies other corporate areas affected by the discrepancies.
- Ensure the assigned NPI, CPI & Revision projects completed on time. NPI tasks must be performed with proper timing to assure information availability to dealers and customers at first ship date.
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering and parts information databases including EDS, NPR, HVC.
- Ability to read and understand engineering prints & documents.
- Candidates must possess strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated Mentoring experience in Parts Authoring
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of two years of experience as Parts Author & knowledge in Parts coordination process working in Advanced content management authoring system (ACM)
- High degree of accountability, initiative, with the ability to multi-task.
Company: Caterpillar Careers
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, IN
Application Deadline: N/A