Candidates seeking reservation as OBC must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation and should also submit all the requisite certificates in the prescribed format in support of their claim along with the application.
Modalities for selection:
- The Bank will conduct an interview for the shortlisted candidates. The Bank reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility criteria in order to limit the number of candidates to be called for interview.
- The decision of the Bank in this regard will be final. Mere fulfilling of the eligibility criteria does not entitle the candidate to be called for Interview.
- Apart from those who may be called for interview, the Bank will not entertain any correspondence with the applicants who are not found eligible / not considered eligible for interviews.
- Applicants shortlisted after the interview will be subjected to medical examination as per prescribed norms and other document verification process before being empaneled as BMC on contract basis. The cost of these medical tests will have to be borne by the applicant.
- Selected candidates will be empanelled/engaged subject to his/her being found medically fit and on acceptance of Terms and Conditions given in Annex–II and the Code of Conduct given in Annex–III.
- The selected candidates shall have to enter into an agreement with the Bank before engagement of their service as Bank’s Medical Consultant (on contract basis) with fixed hourly remuneration.
- If and when required to do so, the BMC will certify in such forms as may be prescribed by the Bank from time to time as to state about the health and / or fitness for service of any employee or any prospective employee who may be selected for appointment at any Office of the Bank.
- To issue order forms (prescribed) on the approved chemists of the Bank for supply of special/costly drugs or injections required for curative purpose to the Bank’s staff and forward copies thereof to the Bank for payment of the relative bills.
- To use the BMC’s good offices/contacts for securing hospital facilities in case any employee of the Bank or their family (for indoor Hospitalization under Direct Settlement Facility) requires it.
- To inspect the office premises/Quarters once in a month and report whether they are kept in a sanitary and hygienic condition.
- To do prophylactic inoculations for typhoid, etc. and vaccination for small-pox whenever necessary.
- To submit an annual report as on the 30th June in the prescribed form on the general health of the Bank’s staff.
- To ensure proper storage of medicines and their distribution as well as maintenance of all necessary records for the purpose.
- To advise on drug indents, and to counter-check the drug stock-balance and consumption.
- To give professional opinion including reasonableness of the cost of treatment pertaining to the various items of medical claims as and when the referred to the BMC.
- To assist the Establishment Section/ HRMD in scrutinizing the medical claims to arrive at their admissibility.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Application Deadline: N/A