The Dispute Specialist is responsible to research and resolve dispute transactions on a daily basis, including fraud cases, and rejected transactions originating from use of the charge card signature-based transactions. Initiates appropriate action to resolve disputes, ensuring potential financial risk to SBIC is mitigated, utilizing available resources and minimizing any negative impact on the customer experience. Position Responsibilities Daily review to assess and prioritize processing customer chargebacks from all of the various channels with the goal of minimizing potential losses.
- Responsible to evaluate disputes that arise when a customer disputes a transaction.
- The analyst works with the Network/Merchant to resolve the dispute.
- In particular, the analyst seeks documentation or proof on the customer dispute.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of the card industry, Visa/MasterCard and compliance requirements.A1
- Identifying of the true nature of dispute basis all the 14 reason codes provided by VISA/ MC / AMEX / Rupay
- After assessment, the analyst decides whether a chargeback is valid or if the card holder actually made a purchase.
- Collecting & maintaining documentary evidence as furnished by VISA/MC / AMEX / Rupay & Acquiring Bank to validate & decision disputes.
- Achievement of daily & monthly Productivity and Quality parameters
- Well versed in chargeback processing techniques and incorporating alternative solutions to chargeback issues
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong verbal and written skills, including good interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate data & strong decision making skills
- Should possess and demonstrate the ability to meet critical deadlines in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Must be able to work independently, have good analytical and organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks on a daily basis.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must have Qualification Graduate/Post-Graduate from a recognized university
- Previous experience handling chargebacks preferred and/or customer service or call center experience in the credit card industry a plus.
- Total Experience Work experience of 3 years in financial services industry Relevant Experienc
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Application Deadline: N/A