Swiggy’s storefront Engineering team help customers enjoy personalized discovery and purchase experience across multiple product lines (Stores, Food, New initiatives). The team is trying to achieve this through thoughtfully crafted apps, smart catalogs, highly relevant search & intent-driven merchandising, checkout and payment systems. We are looking for engineers who have built distributed systems with high reliability and have deep expertise in database design and performance tuning. Knowledge of machine learning and other predictive modeling techniques would be preferred. Few interesting problems we’re solving,
- Our world-class software engineers are just getting started — and as a manager, you guide the way. You are their default mentor
- You work closely with Product Management, Business Development, and Operations team and enable them by providing scalable and high quality technology solutions at a rapid pace
- Perform well in uncertainties and collaborate and work with unclear interfaces to other teams in our rapidly evolving organizations
- You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As an Engineering Manager, you manage your business goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team
- You have the technical chops to roll up sleeves and provide technical leadership to major projects but also build and manage a team of 10-15 top-notch engineers.
- Create clear career paths for team members and help them grow with regular & deep mentoring. Perform regular performance evaluations and share and seek feedback.
- You set up best practices for development and champion their adoption and at the same time Architect & design technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions
- In this role, you will be responsible for leading a team of application and front-end / Back-end engineers to drive innovation in full-stack product development, while relentlessly improving performance, scalability, and maintainability.
- Technically Hands-on, prior experience with scalable Architecture managing team of (5-10)
- Coaching, mentoring managers and Architects in the team. Good team management skills with ability to multitask, strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience working with Product Managers and UX Designers
- Experience with high performance websites catering to millions of daily traffic is a plus with an ability to bring in software engineering life cycle best practices
Qualification & Experience:
- We are looking for a passionate, entrepreneurial, hands-on Engineering Manager to join the Bangalore Swiggy Engineering team
- 11-16 years of experience in developing products with at 4-5 years in leading a team
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Thiruvananthapuram, Andhra Pradesh, IN
Application Deadline: N/A