Considering all possibilities and with regard to previous years’ practices (with suitable changes), it has been decided that the following activities may be initiated from the KMC’s end forthwith to enable the officials and members of staff of KMC to combat emergent situations.
- Parks & Squares Deptt. (Removal/ Cutting of uprooted trees from the roadside)/slum areas
- Lighting & Electricity Deptt. (Removal of uprooted lamp posts and traction)
- SWM Deptt. (Cleaning of gullypit mouths and other related work)
- Drainage Deptt (Deployment of Control Room Management, continuous operation of pumping stations, deployment of 3Mazdoors at water logging pockets, deployment of pumps etc.)
- Engg. Deptt. (Deployment of skeleton majdoors at water logging pockets, removal of water logging, deployment of potable pumps etc.)
- Roads Deptt.
- Building Deptt. (Demolishing of insecure building and negotiation of collapses)
- Health Deptt. (Ambulance Services, disinfection & supply of medicine)
- Water Supply Deptt. (Supply of drinking water and disinfection of tubewell and stand post.
- Municipal Secretary’s Deptt. (Manning of KMC Control Room)
- Inspection of the Drainage Pumping Station
- On every single day in the week, there shall be one team (consisting of one Supervisor and five labours with one lorry) placed at each Borough office from 6-00PM to 6- 00 AM in Boroughs I to X and one team (consisting of one Supervisor, 4 labours with one lorry )from 6-00 PM to 6-00 AM in Borough XI to XVI. Each Supervisor will have a mobile phone.
- The teams will be centrally controlled by Parks & Squares Dept. in order to facilitate inter-Borough movement, if required. On Sunday & Holidays, there will be round-the-clock arrangements at
each borough at the above scale. Apart from the above, in the control room, there will be two (2) contractual gangs consisting of one (1)
supervisor and four (4) labours in each gang from 6.00pm. to 6.00am.
- Each supervisor will have a mobile phone. Team of the Control Room will be directly under the Botanist who will also attend control room every day from 10.00pm. to 6.00am. and round the clock on
Sunday & holidays in shifts.
- Two (2) no of hired lorry will be stationed at central control room every day from 6.00 pm to 6.00 am. And round the clock on Sunday & holidays.
- Two hired cranes will be stationed at control room from 6.00pm. to 6.00 am for emergency removal of uprooted big trees from any part of the city and one hired vehicle ( Tata Sumo type ) will be stationed at Control Room
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Kolkata, West Bengal, IN
Application Deadline: N/A