Considering all possibilities and with regard to previous years’ practices (with suitable changes), it has been decided that the following activities may be initiated from the KMC’s end forthwith to enable the officials and members of staff of KMC to combat emergent situations.
- Parks & Squares Deptt. (Removal/ Cutting of uprooted trees from the roadside)/slum areas
- Lighting & Electricity Deptt. (Removal of uprooted lamp posts and traction)
- SWM Deptt. (Cleaning of gullypit mouths and other related work)
- Drainage Deptt (Deployment of Control Room Management, continuous operation of pumping stations, deployment of 3Mazdoors at water logging pockets, deployment of pumps etc.)
- Engg. Deptt. (Deployment of skeleton majdoors at water logging pockets, removal of water logging, deployment of potable pumps etc.)
- Roads Deptt.
- Building Deptt. (Demolishing of insecure building and negotiation of collapses)
- Health Deptt. (Ambulance Services, disinfection & supply of medicine)
- Water Supply Deptt. (Supply of drinking water and disinfection of tubewell and stand post.
- Municipal Secretary’s Deptt. (Manning of KMC Control Room)
- Inspection of the Drainage Pumping Station
- To clear the city streets (especially the gully-pits and kerb channels) in the afternoon shifts everyday so that sudden showers cannot clog the city and sub-merge particular areas (Mazdoors are from West Bengal Urban Employment Scheme) upto 6.00 pm.
- Arrangement of five Mazdoors along with an overseeing supervisor in each Ward from departmental resources from each Borough/ward in night shift from 6.00 pm to 6.00 am. D.G.(SWM) will keep one loader, two lorries, a team of 17 Mazdoors, heads by two supervising staff with mobile phone from 6.00 pm.
- To 6.00 am. Daily and from 6.00am. to 6.00 pm. + 6.00 pm. To 6.00 am ( 24hrs) on Sunday 7 holidays, who will be stationed at SWM (HQ) at 48, Market Street, Kolkata-700 087
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Asansol, West Bengal, IN
Application Deadline: N/A